July 02, 2007

Countdown -5

And so the countdown begins to the greatest extravaganza the world has ever seen. Nope I'm not referring to the Tour de France starting in London, nor the live earth concerts, but merely catching the train to the start of Jogle.

I have currently a pile of approx half my kit, empty panniers, no money, and no bike (having a little tweak or two prior to departure), and another pile of clothes for my (I would imagine oh too short) sojourn once I get to the end, avec top team and other assorted family.

Just about ready then!

Checking the weather forecast our mighty forecasters currently believe it should be just like OCTOBER, when I set off.
Of course I have only myself to blame, if I had taken the advice and believed all the dark tales of global warming, I would have turned my computer monitor off, and set off in April which apparently was July.
Though I did hear some good news today , apparently we are going to have one beautiful sunny day in July, they think, they can't be sure and they can't tell us which one it will be at this stage because it might already have gone!

Oh well its all Snakes and Ladders to me ;-)

No comments: