June 30, 2007

To Pedalo or not??


So with less than a week till I trip the light fantastic to the far northern reaches of these Isles of ours, and a mere week till I prepare for departure on the main event of the Jogle, I am caught upon the horns of a dilemma.
Do I change my stance on the number of waterproof items required for the trip, and include waist length Waders ala JR Hartley and his fly fishing?
Do I merely shrug my shoulders endure the damp, probably develop mildew in places that I can't describe and go with the original plan, or,
Do I visit Pugneys again and ask if I can borrow one of their pedalos, and rejig my route (if necessary) to include a few genuine waterways rather than the simple flooded roads which if the weather continues will be the norm?
If I go and get a couple of earrings put in and have a few two many beers I'm sure I could muster a passable impression of the great Frederico Flintoff , so maybe Pedalo is the way to go.
I have today had my Jogle haircut and was furnished yesterday with additional shirtage for the ride from Capita Hartshead as part of their sponsorship. I believe, I will now, and only now, be able to look the part, rain or shine, night or day for this deepest of mid life crises.

No comments: