June 14, 2007

Rain Dances

It appears abundantly clear that a great many of you have been assisting preparing me for my ride, with a rather large amount of rain dancing.

Hopefully you will all have got it out of your systems by the time I set off in a mere 23 and a bit days time and I will be able to proceed in a southerly direction with wall to wall sunshine and ne'er a cloud in the sky.

Sorry, away with the fairies again there for a minute, thinking I was riding southerly in somewhere renowned for good weather!

Anyway training continues apace, though in truth it is winding down a little now as I have very nearly reached my training target of just over 1,000 miles prior to departure. Not bad when you think most of my training has been snatched in one to two hour chunks in the early mornings, with a number of bigger rides interspersed along the way.

A few prerequisites are still to be obtained, like Kendal mint cake for energy enough to give me safe passage when I've left the rest of me 20 miles from the end of a stage. New Batteries for my lights (essential when cycling in the low cloud of an English Summer), and stamps to ensure relevant postcardidge can be dispatched en route and upon conclusion.

I was going to carry a couple of homing pigeons for dispatch of SOS's but thought I may get hungry on the way and defeat the object by partaking of a roast too early in the trip and in any case all the advice I have received is travel light, so have decided to leave them at home.

No comments: