June 05, 2007

Mists, Midges and St Pauls

A strangely quiet weekend, without any training due to Caroline being away (remarkably leaving me in charge -and we all lived to tell the tale!). Though you could say Oliver has done some for me, riding quite magnificently, albeit avec stabilisers approx 3 miles round Pugneys lake at Wakefield. I meanwhile was trailing a distant last, pushing the rapidly growing trouble causer Archie after the shadow of his Big Brother whilst he sang some incoherent songs from his position in his pram.

It reminded me of a New Years eve many moons ago, when a group of us were to be found pushing another incoherent soul in a passing wheel barrow up what can only be called a steep hill, whilst festooned in traffic cones and other roadwork paraphernalia.

And everyone wonders were the ideas for Last of the Summer Wine come from!

I have though made up for it by dragging myself onto my bike and venturing out into the mist "early doors" yesterday and for a slightly longer ride this evening along with a rather too friendly bunch of midges.

Quite strange that I had enough energy given that at 9:45 this morning I was partaking of Coffee outside St Paul's cathedral in London having risen early to catch the train down there.

I have (only in the name of research you understand) also partaken of a rather sumptuous Cornish Pasty for luncheon just to ease the obligatory aches and pains incurred on a typically uncomfortable train journey.

Just can't wait for the train journey up to Thurso in a month and two days time! Anyone know if they sell Cornish pasties on First Scotrail?

No comments: