June 23, 2007

Deadlines

Well with less than two weeks to Le Grand Depart and the start of my downhill madness, I have been brushing up on the lingo, and have learnt the following phrases:

"I'm not lost, I am merely following a slight route correction in order to visit a very interesting landmark which I had not thought to include upon my route in my planning haste."

"I was going to shave my legs but felt I may be a little too aerodynamic for all this downhill riding"

"Isn't the weather splendid for the time of year!"

I will let you work out your own versions of the actual meanings.

Other than that I am now down to a list of essential things to do before you jogle, such as mowing the lawn (if it stops raining long enough), cleaning the car(s), checking equipment including legs, arms and any other necessary items, and of course ensuring my team at work have as little to cover as possible during my absence.

Just hope I don't run out of time and miss my deadlines!

No comments: