July 04, 2007

Countdown -3

Hurray, my velocipede hath returneth from my local bike shop (Try Cycling in Kirkburton- very helpful and knowledgeable guys who do a hell of a lot of miles a week), having had its pre ride tweak.

I have given it a semi polish, by wiping all the rain off it, good eco warrior stuff not wasting water, and refitted bits like rear light with new batteries, saddle wedge and cycle computer(s).

I have also sorted all my tools, and the bulk of my bar bag, so just about packed then now.

My colleagues within finance are holding a sweep stake for how much actual cycling time it will take me to jogle, and currently we have guestimates of between 99 and 136hours, god help me if they need the tiebreaker question of how many punctures I have, to split them ( currently the worst case scenario stands at 8!).

Anyway two nights from now I will hopefully be sat on a train to Thurso (well Manchester, then, Preston, then Inverness, then Thurso. that's going to be one heck of an adventure just to start.

Tomorrow therefore sees final preparations and a mountain of ironing to sort! Till then I'll bid you goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rich, sorry we didn't get out for any beers before your Jogle, I was in Cornwall ( as you know ) on Holiday.

Did a bit of canoeing in Boscastle, and all from the comfort of my car !

Best of luck with the adventure, I will be rendezvous-ing with you at some point, hopefully with fresh socks,batteries and liniment.

I am off to Dublin in a few hours for some debauchery and Guiness, but will be thinking of you on Sunday.

Actually on Sunday I will probably be thinking "Where can I get more Lucozade and Aspirin", so to be honest I will try thinking of you Monday instead.

Best wishes and good luck !

Jonny M.