July 18, 2007

Sunny days




stats to begin 75.48 miles 8.00.20hrs 9.4mph max 31.0mph total 781.7miles 84:42:48hrs. What began under a lightly clouded sky turned into a scorcher which for racing snakes is not necessarilly a good thing as hydration levels are difficult to maintain especially when travelling country lanes many a mile from shops and watering holes. Sun tans looking good though though a tad ridiculous due to half tanned hands arms and legs and sun glasses lines across my cheeks I'll leave the images to your imaginations! My first port of call was Ledbury and a pretty little town it was too, I then meandered my way to Gloucester passing through a lot of the area we visited on holiday a couple of years back. Having negotiated Gloucester (which with hindsight I should have had lunch at) I pressed on up a horror of a hill to Stroud which all in all was a bit of a nondescript town trying to be a bit arty but with too many unemployed kids hanging around. Having eaten I carried on up another steep hill out of Nailsworth by which time my legs were not thanking me for my choice of lunch. Anyway the sun kept beating down a light breeze keeping the sweat from my brow regular applications of sun cream were made, its a hard life mid jogle. Gradually I climbed over the Cotswolds and eventually wended my way to my accomodation to be greeted with a warm welcome of 56 steps and six flights of stairs to my room. Then I was knackered so I had a cup of tea and an eco friendly shower. Heres hoping the sun shone on you where ever you are. Till the morrow!

No comments: