July 05, 2007

Countdown -2

Well with less than 24 hours before I begin my journey north before the start of the Downhill bit, a slight amount of nerves are gathering.

The best way I can describe it is that its a bit like the feeling you get if your a sports fan hours before the game and your gut instinct is that your team is going to win, probably against a better team, but your head is trying to maintain a calm realistic approach and say that you may win but your more likely to lose.

I have completed my ironing, collated my extras into a collectible place for the morrow and read my mums tales of daring do from her recent trip to Canada.

All the essentials to a good old relaxing evening.

Which given I came home to see Oliver with a small egg like bruise on his forehead from riding (perhaps I should more accurately say falling off)his bike, without his helmet on is a good job.

Hopefully this isn't an omen for my riding, though of course my measurement of time for the sweep stake is based upon the time the wheels are spinning. Therefore if I am upside down in a ditch and the front wheel is still circumnavigating its axle, time will continue to march on!

No comments: