July 19, 2007

Hills and fast roads.



Stats 72.87 miles 7.14.25hrs 10.0mph 33.0mph 854.6miles 91:57:13 hrs Today began with another sun filled morn and a difficult getting out of bed feeling. I was a little stiff in the knees but managed to roll down all those steps to breakfast and boy was I glad I did as I was to be enlightened as to how a real English breakfast should be. Having partaken of organic cereal I was asked whether I would like an egg? Ignoring the number of answers which actually came to mind I replied in the affirmative and was duly served a piece of toast upon which was carefully arranged a fried egg also upon my plate were a sliver of tomato and a rasher of bacon! Needless to say I was underwhelmed by this but in the interests of research ate it. Having said my goodbyes I began my day with a number of long uphill climbs with plateaus of fairly level road inbetween until shortly before Wells I emerged to a rapid descent and a view for miles across Wells, Glastonbury and beyond towards Taunton. At Wells I ventured to the cathedral to have a look see but baulked at the asking price of £5.50 and didnt venture inside. From here I passed through Glastonbury but despite searching couldnt find the arctic monkeys. I was going to take a photo of me by the towns name sign until I realised that it had a smaller sign underneath pointing to me with the word cemetery on it! I continued and passed the worlds end pub which kind of beats Lands End but seeing as I have a date for Sunday it seemed a waste to finish there! Anyway got to Tiverton in record pace overall to be greeted with the comment car crime is a big problem at the moment round here, so its to be hoped my bike is secure! Otherwise it may be shanks pony for me from here to the end.

No comments: