July 21, 2007

So near and yet so far!



Stats 61.65 miles 7.23.06hrs 8.3mph 37.0mph 989.8miles 107:51 02 hrs and so my friends you find me a mere 20 or so miles from my destination. After a good breakfast I have meandered my way down the north coast of Cornwall, amused myself by seeing how fast I could go fully laden merely by free wheeling, quite a scary speed to look back on 37mph. And sauntered up a number of testing climbs. I have encountered a few showers but mostly it has been overcast but dry. The scenery at times can be stunning that is if you can see over the field hedges! I spent a few moments this evening watching the sea whilst a busker played his harp for the throng and suddenly realised I was physically and mentally tired which probably means I have been exercising for too long! Forgot to mention yesterday my near death experience when a stray golf ball from Launceston golf club hit the road at some velocity a mere yard and a half in front of my wheels. Good job I didn’t need to react to get out of the way. Anyway it has been reported that the rest of my team has safely landed in Cornwall a mere 12 or so hours after they set off due to the horrors caused by all this flooding. Therefore as long as my bike my legs my brain etc all function we should all be reunited at lands end. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done mate, enjoyed reading the travels. Have a beer on me!