July 12, 2007

Paisley and beyond



I'll start at the end of last evening when I had a meal in a converted church. It gave me an idea for what Sean could set up for New Mill church as alternative evening services. Whilst there the remarkable human race showed itself again as the head waitress who looked healthier than I did (not difficult at the end of a days ride) had had a brain tumour less than 10 months earlier. Made me think the jogle is a walk in the park in comparison. So after a restless night due to my room being close to nuclear fusion heat wise I set off under cloud filled skies alongside Loch Lomond passing the international golf tournament where a polite policeman advised me to use the ploughed field described as a cycle path rather than the road, as he stopped me to let the pressing ranks of amateur golfers cross the road. Having followed his advice and got lost down a dead end I decided he could coco and returned myself to the relative safety of the highway.I continued onwards passing through various small towns and the travel lodge in Dumbarton which has the lowest shower in the world (when Bevan and I passed through years ago I had to virtually lay down to wash my hair under it). I then crossed the Erskine bridge passed Glasgow airport and despite one or two minor detours passed through Paisley before having lunch at a small place called Neilston. I then joined the beginnings of the lowlands and sauntered onwards to my final resting place for the evening at the Stair inn. Stats for the day are Distance 68.34 miles time 7.03.38 av speed 9.6 mph max speed 29.0mph total distance 332.8 miles total time 36:09:55

No comments: