April 01, 2007

April fool




A "fresh" spring morning has found me like an April fool , aboard my trusty steed, pedalling like a man possessed towards the dawn and the daffodils, hence the picture.


Fortunately I haven't tried to explain the idea of April fool to Oliver yet, as I think it may be a little confusing and it might well end up with me being the fool.


I have followed my route from last week with a few minor hidden extras ( like fruit and "spare" flapjack as well as a few minor detours) and managed to reduce my time on the ride by a whole two minutes.


A rare event occurred last night as we (and I use the we advisedly in the royal sense)for the first time this year, got round to organising a baby sitter (Grandma and Grandad) for the evening and we went out for a very enjoyable high quality meal at the White Heart hotel in Penistone. Most enjoyable must do more often.


Anyway more definitive signs of spring this morning, lots of young lambs gambolling in the fields, including a huge amount of twins. I had to keep going as the thought of mint sauce had me salivating a little too much (sorry all you veggies out there!).


Also Calves bumbling along ,and we have had a couple of bumble bees in the house already, one of which we believe was a Queen (the Crown and the way she "minced" in, kind of gave it away). But the final and foolproof conclusive evidence was the flotilla of Caravans wending its way towards the Motorway for the Easter break.


I have added, because I can and I am after all a bloke, still with a relatively new toy another picture from this mornings ride, taken yet again on my mobile phone.

No comments: