April 06, 2007

Grandads Rabbits



On a bright April Good Friday morn, I set off somewhat hesitantly upon a short ride, round a few minor hills and vales in the shadow of the Pie Village. I say hesitantly as I have been struck down with illness during the week (best guess a form of food poisoning, probably brought on by my denial of use by and best before dates).

It was a beautiful day and within a mile of home the countryside once again sucked me in with the sight of two small and perfectly formed young rabbits sat sedately pondering me with the inquisitiveness and lack of fear that only the very young have. Anyway eventually they turned and loped off revealing they were my Grandads rabbits, as he always claimed the ones with the white tails were his.

The ride took me on a part of my newish elongated hours ride past the Yorkshire equivalent of the CN Tower, admittedly its only about 1/3rd as big but it certainly dominates the skyline more ,and I couldn't help but add a photo to the blog to demonstrate.

P.S. Coming soon ,the grand unveiling of the first and alternative strips for the Jogle so keep watching.

P.P.S It looks like Huddersfield Giants have just broken their duck in Superleague this season 56-12, Thanks Wakey, Wadski will be pleased.

No comments: