April 15, 2007

Sunny days





A beautiful, spring day has found me adapting one of my early 20 mile rides into something a little longer by combining it with a few other parts of my repertoire, ending up with a 32 mile ride which took me just over three hours.


The picture unfortunately doesn't quite do the windmills justice and neither does it portray the, sumptuous high level of carbohydrate (Caroline says Protein) I consumed as I ploughed my way down the road through the seemingly continuous cloud of midges.


One thing with a road like that, just like the wind I have trained with all year (not the one as a cause of my eating habits but the howling gale of a northern winter) it can only be good preparation, in particular for the Scottish Midgelands.


I seemed to pass an inordinate amount of roadkill today, including Pheasant, Hedgehog (both young and old), Squirrel and Blue tit, perhaps I just noticed it more because I set off slightly later.


I have to confirm that Spring really is sprung as yours truly bared his cycling legs in anger for the premier time this year, though I did regret the long sleeved jersey, the further along I got.


Anyway you may have noticed that the level of sponsorship has shot up this week as I have officially launched the Jogle on an unsuspecting world, by sending numerous begging emails. Thanks to all those who have responded and sponsored or pledged so far, and the rest of you please help if you can, and if not please at least spread the word.

Went to see Thomas Jack today and have to say a handsome, if slightly noizy chap he is, much like his Uncle Racing!


Finally whilst riding I came across this strange sight, Anybody any ideas as to how you get a bike this big? I'm sure I'd get to the end a lot quicker on this.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding your photo.........you never told me you were doing the Jogle on a Penny Farthing !

Will you also be wearing a top hat and breeches ?

Come on Racing Snake, either buy a modern bike or rename this site "Richards Ye Olde Jogle"!

By the way, I went to see young Thomas this afternoon, you are right, he is very cute, with a lovely happy smiling face.
Which is more than can be said for his dad after I ploughed his garden up again with four and a half tons of Police Van !

Racing Snake said...

I take it Wadski has been hiding the old Marijoanna in Thomas' nappies again, if you needed the big van!

Have to say I've had to spend a few pennies but couldnt find a farthing!

Just to confirm my actual bike is from the 80's so maybe Ye olde Jogle is more appropriate.

Anyhow Steady with that breeches idea I don't want Lynne getting too excited. Though I'm sure I'd look a fine sight as I traverse this great land of ours.