April 22, 2007

Definite signs of Global Warming!

And so what is the answer to whether I have been arrested over the weekend for carrying guns for which I am unlicenced. The answer in simple terms, No Six guns required!

I am unsurprisingly a little tender, but not to the degree of Getting off my horse and milking my cow. That will disappoint the guys at work who were looking forward to calling me John Wayne.

Anyway I have continued my training and have discovered definite signs of Global warming. As my Grandad would have said " As ta seen a Swallow? ".
I can this very day answer in the affirmative, which clearly is due to Global warming, no sensible swallow would ever venture this far North at the back end of April would they?

Mind you I'm sure the bluebells being out, the Hawthorn flowering, the fact my two boys continue to grow, the fact the Cricket season has started, the fact our water butt is empty (bring on the hosepipe ban), the fact that the sun continues to shine and that I won on the National, can all reasonably be attributed to Global warming as well, so I won't get too carried away with any pessimistic thoughts , that we're all doomed and the world will end tomorrow, if I don't turn off my Computer monitor at night.

Forgot to mention after my trial run, on Friday I have now surpassed my combined totals for 2005 and 2006 with regard to mileage covered, which is another little tick on the way to the start line. Also tried to explain to Oliver all about the Jogle and that Daddy will be riding his bike for 15 days, think he just about got it, but confirmation will come in just another 11 weeks. Crikey don't time fly when your having fun!

No comments: