March 16, 2007

Of Mice and Men

Oh Dear, here I am at 3:20 in the afternoon sat blogging, when the plan was to be on my way home from Sunny Castleford after a full days ride kitted up and in full expectance of the John Wayne syndrome.

All started well, though it took me a while to attach my Bar bag to my satisfaction, and I was just in the process of descending from Bretton to Woolley when my phone went. It took me a while to answer it as my stopping distance is appreciably longer fully laden.
The call was from Caroline, to say Nursery had rung to ask us to take Archie home as he wasn't well. So I reversed my wheels and set off for home to rescue the little man.

He has since been asleep most of the afternoon and as with the best laid plans my full ride will have to wait for another day.

Poor little fella, can hardly raise a smile for his Daddy but he is now"helping "me type this blog ! so he mustc 3 be a little better.

No comments: