February 13, 2007

State of Disrepair

Ho hum, my chosen velocipede is in a state of disrepair, and as such I am temporarily back to using the old Mountain bike for training. It don't half feel different to my tourer!

I feel like I'm riding one of those mini bikes you see formula one drivers riding down the pitlane, just before Fernando Alonso comes flying in at god knows what speed from his "flying" lap. Something to do with having a long body and short legs I would guess, and to think the original plan involved no tourer and panniers on the mountain bike(now that would be hard work!).

Anyway February so far is not a right good month for training, what with "Snow", poorly childer, aching bones and broken bikes, I am not (so far) following the plan. If only British summer time began in winter, I'd have loads more daylight to catch up my arrears.

Anyway not to be pessimistic, the route is coming together, the accomodation is mostly booked, I've got donations as can be seen, to your left (Thanks to the lovely ladies involved) and I have the start of a cunning plan to make myself a little more noticeable on the ride, forming deep within the recesses of my mind.

That'll take some pulling out then! but I guess it beats doing the ironing or watching repeats of Friends, American Idol, University Challenge etc on the telly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.