January 24, 2007

Uplifting v White van man

What is it about my bike that has this magnetic attraction, to white vans, that means that they have to pass less than 6 inches away from me and then cut my nose off by pulling in front before they've passed my outstretched pedals?
I know they do it to cars, buses , lorries, they'd even do it to trains if they could but just what can't they see of a 6 foot bloke, on a bike, in a day glow yellow jacket and with more flashing lights than Blackpool in early October.
I know I know its all in a days sport for the poor souls.
Anyway apart from that, what a super training ride over flowing hills, with the wind in my face and still enough energy to sing I was born under a wandering star (Lee Marvin Style- basically cos I started halfway up a bloody big hill and started running out of breath), crowned by the wonderfully uplifting sight of a Barn Owl in the middle of a hunt (Just had to stop and watch!).
Not that White van man would have seen it, unless of course it was there to overtake!

No comments: